- Launch Kaspersky Free. Click the gear icon in the lower left corner to open antivirus settings.
- Choose 'Additional' in the left pane and select 'Threats and Exclusions'.
- In the Exclusions section of the "Threats and Exclusions settings" window, click 'Manage exclusions'.
- In the next window, click 'Add'.
- A window called 'Add new exclusion' will open. Click 'Browse...'.
- Specify the path to the game client folder (e.g. D:\Games\World_of_Tanks) and click 'Select".
- Make sure you checked all protection components. Then select 'Active' in the Status field and click 'Add'.
- Information on the created rule and its status will appear in the exclusions list. You can close the settings window.
- You have successfully configured Kaspersky Free.
Kaspersky Total Security
- Launch Kaspersky Total Security. Click the gear icon in the lower left corner to open antivirus settings.
- Go to the Protection tab in the left pane and select 'Application Control'.
- In the "Manage applications" window, click 'Manage applications'.
- Right-click the "Trusted" area and select 'Create subgroup'.
- Enter "WARGAMING.NET" as the group name and click 'Create group'.
- Right-click the created "WARGAMING.NET" group and select 'Add application to group'.
- Specify the path to the WorldOfTanks.exe file (it can be found in the folder with the installed game, e.g. D:\Games\World_of_Tanks) and click 'Open'.
- The file will be added to the list of trusted applications. Right-click WorldOfTanks.exe and select 'Details and rules' in the drop-down menu.
- Go to the "Network Rules" tab. For the trusted network address, select 'Allow' in the drop-down menu. Select 'Allow' for other network addresses.
- Go to the "Exclusions" tab and enable the following options:
• Don't scan opened files
• Don't scan activity of applications
• Don't inherit restrictions of the parent process (application)
• Don't scan activities of child applications
• Apply exclusions recursively
- If everything was done correctly, the client files will appear in the exclusions list in Kaspersky Total Security.
- Certain game components (e.g. contacts and chat) may require you to disable IM Anti-Virus. To do that, go to the "Protection" tab and move the slider of the "IM Anti-Virus" option to the left (Off).
- You have successfully configured Kaspersky Total Security.