When logging in to the game client, the following message may be displayed: "Failed to connect to server. The server may be unavailable, or your network settings may be wrong." If you encounter such an error, follow these steps one by one until the issue is resolved.
Check server availability
First of all, click Announcements in the top left corner of the page (that you're currently on) and make sure that no technical maintenance is being performed on the game servers.
You can also check the server status in the lower left corner of this page.
Launch via a .bat file
- Disable firewall and log in again.
- Download the archive from our website.
- Unpack the archive
- Copy the resulting .bat file to the game folder Depending on whether you are using a 32-bit or a 64-bit client, its location may look like this:
* for a 32-bit client C:\Games\World_of_Tanks\win32;
* for a 64-bit client: C:\Games\World_of_Tanks\win64.
- Run this file with administrator rights. To do this, right-click on the file and select Run as administrator in the drop-down menu.
- Launch the game and try to connect to any server.
Configure a firewall and check ports
If you have a firewall installed, make sure it does not block the connection with the game client (Windows Firewall Configuration Guide).
We recommend making changes to the security policy only if you are a system administrator or have experience in such actions.
Ports should be opened for the client that you usually use, i.e. for a 32-bit or a 64-bit one. Depending on whether you are using a 32-bit or a 64-bit client, its location may look like this:
*for a 32-bit client: C:\Games\World_of_Tanks\win32\WorldOfTanks.exe;
* for a 64-bit client: C:\Games\World_of_Tanks\win64\WorldOfTanks.exe.
Certain ports should be open for the game client.
- For WorldOfTanks.exe, open the following:
- UDP range from 32800 to 32900 and UDP range from 20010 to 20020 and UDP range from 42800 to 43000;
- UDP port 53;
- TCP range from 50010 to 50014;
- TCP ports 80, 443, 5222, 5223.
- For the voice chat to work, open the following for WorldOfTanks.exe
- UDP range from 12000 to 29999;
- UDP ports 5060, 5062, 3478, 3479, 3432, 30443.
- Additionally, you can add the ranges of addresses of our servers to the trusted zone (optional):
You can also enable the UDP and TCP protocols for WorldOfTanks.exe via any ports in both directions, allowing the firewall to pass any packets to any addresses for the game client.
Antivirus trusted zone
Add the game folder to the trusted zone of your antivirus.
Reset the system network stack
Reset the system network stack in the Windows command prompt using the netsh winsock reset command. To do this:
- Run the command prompt:
Windows 7 Click Start, type cmd in the Start Search field, right-click on the cmd.exe file, and select 'Run as administrator'. Windows 8 and Windows 10 Press Win + X on the desktop Select Command Prompt (Administrator) in the opened window
- Type the netsh winsock reset command line and press Enter
- Reboot your PC.