Unable to connect to the update service
I am unable to download a game or patch. What can I do?
- Click [Retry].
- Check your Internet connection and restart your router/modem.
- Close the Game Center and delete the [Updates] folder inside the game directory. Launch Game Center and try again.
- Add the game you have issues with to your firewall and antivirus exception list.
- Temporarily disable your antivirus and firewall and try again.
- Check your router firewall.
- Cancel the installation or update. Delete the game you have issues with, both in Game Center and manually from the local disk and reinstall it.
- Try again after some time. You may have a temporary issue with your Internet connection or Internet Service Provider.
- Still no luck? Follow the steps mentioned in the following Microsoft Support article: Fix network connection issues in Windows