How to change your nickname
You can change your chosen username that's displayed in the game and on Wargaming.net websites. This is a paid service.
- Log in to your Wargaming ID account.
- Go to Account Management.
- Click the Edit button located at the right side of your nickname.
- Submit a new username.
If another account is using the username you want, you will have to select different username.
- Select a payment method.
- Click Change.
You can change the nickname in the game client.
1) Click the "Main menu" button in the hangar and click the "Settings".
2) In font of your nickname click the "Change" button.
3) In the window that appears, specify a new nickname and click "Edit".
Some useful info
- This service costs 2,500 gold and is available once (1 time) every 14 days.
- Username changes can take up to 14 calendar days to take effect.
- After making a change, the old username remains locked for 30 days. No other account can claim it in that time.
- Before you select a new username, consider the Game Rules:
Exception: free username change
- Username contains a typo (applicable to new accounts and after a recent username change).
- Username violates the Game Rules.
- Username contains personal information (e.g. your real name or email associated with the account).
Exceptions may be applicable at the discretion of Player Support and on a "case by case" basis.
Is it possible to change the nickname to one of the zero (inactive) accounts? Can I delete the zero account for further nickname changes?
You cannot assign an inactive account's nickname to a different account. We don't delete accounts that are inactive.
The first time I registered as Player, later I created another account nicknamed User. The system does not allow for changing the nickname from User to Player. Is it possible to change nicknames between accounts?
Currently, we don't offer the exchange of user nicknames between accounts.
When I was changing the nickname, I made a typo—there is a missing or an extra letter. Will Player Support team be able to help me with this issue?
You cannot cancel the nickname change. If you wish, you can change the nickname again.
I changed the nickname in the old account to later use this nickname for the main account. When I try to use the released nickname, I get the message: "A player with this name is already registered in the game." Searching for this nickname on the portal gives zero results.
When you change the nickname, the old one is "frozen" for use for a period of 30 days for technical reasons.
The account has been banned permanently (forever). How do I change the nickname of this account?
There is no changing or transfer of nickname possible from a permanently banned account.
How do I change lowercase letters to uppercase in the nickname?
Currently, it is technically impossible to replace lowercase letters with uppercase letters in the nickname. The Central Server is not case-sensitive as far as nickname changes are concerned.
If I change the nickname, will I remain in the contact list of my friends under the old nickname, or will the nickname change to a new one?
You will remain under the old nickname in your friends' contacts. To have you under your new nickname, they need to remove the old nickname from the contact list and add the new one.
Will the forum correspondence remain after the change of nickname?
All messages in the forum will be preserved.