A joystick is an input device consisting of a stick that pivots on a base.
You can configure the joystick in the game in the controls settings.
Go to the game settings by clicking the Game menu button on the top bar in the Hangar.
Or press Esc when in the Hangar.
Go to Settings > Controls. Select Joystick.
- Then you can bind each action to the axis of the joystick in the "Axes" section.
- In the "Basic Commands" and "All Commands" sections, you can bind actions to keys (both for the keyboard and the joystick buttons).
- Under “Advanced Settings”, you can select one of the available joystick settings templates or customize your controls.
- In the Signal Correction section, you can adjust the sensitivity curve for roll, pitch, and yaw. By changing the sensitivity curve and the position of the dead zone, you can achieve the optimal control response for each action.
- In the Thrust and Boost menu, you can separately configure the thrust axis and boost zones. For this axis, you can also set the dead zone and the thrust zone range from 0% to 100%.
The Reset Settings button sets the default settings for the entire control scheme.