If it appears that the Internet browser is not displaying pages correctly, try clearing its cache and cookies. It is recommended to frequently clear these anyway, to ensure the security of users’ personal data, especially when using a public computer (i.e. in a cyber cafe).
- Click the gear icon in the upper right corner or the Alt + X In the menu that opens, select Internet options.
- In the General tab under Browsing History, click Delete.
- Uncheck ‘Preserve Favorite Website Data’. Check both ‘Temporary Internet Files’ and ‘Cookies’. Configure other items at your discretion, then click Delete. Done!
- Click the menu icon (the Library icon) in the upper right corner. In the menu that opens, click History, then Clear Recent History.
- In the drop-down menu (next to Time range to clear) select ‘Everything’. Tick ‘Cache’ and ‘Cookies’ and click Clear Now. Done!
- Click the menu icon (three vertical dots) in the upper right corner. In the menu that opens, click More tools>Clear browsing data.
- From the time range drop-down menu, select All Time. In the next window check ‘Cookies and other site data’ and ‘Cached images and files’. Configure other items at your discretion, then click Clear data. Done!
- Click the Opera icon in the upper left corner of the screen. In the menu that opens, select Settings.
- On the left, click Advanced>Privacy & security.
- Select Clear browsing data.
- In the time range drop-down menu, select All time. Check ‘Cookies and other site data’ and ‘Cached images and files’ and click Clear data. Done!
- Go to the browser settings (three dots) in the upper right corner and select Settings.
- Under Clear browsing history, click Choose what to clear’.
- Check ‘Cookies and saved website data’ and ‘Cached data and files’. Ensure that all other items are unchecked.
- Click Clear and wait for it to finish.